Thank you to the many who have donated to our
Mary Ellen Skidmore Book Project.
These books have been distributed to the Children's Center at FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital, Northern Moore Family Resource Center,
and area laundromats and office waiting rooms.
If you have new or gently used children's books to donate, please contact us at
to arrange for a book exchange.
Extra 2020 County YA books are available at The Country Bookshop in Southern Pines for $15 each.
2020 State YA books are available for $18 by contacting email@example.com.
As a part of our Mary Ellen Skidmore Grant from NCRA, we will be collecting new and gently used books to be donated to the Children's Center at FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital. This is an ongoing project so your children's books will be welcomed at any time. Contact Gina Matthews or Corinne Walls for more information.
2020 NCRA Leadership Conference
Thanks to our MCRA delegation:
Christine, Brittany, Leeann, Pamela, Corinne & Ann for attending the
2020 NCRA Virtual Leadership Conference
from June 22-25th.
2020-2021 Young Authors' Theme:
"Let Your Light Shine"
The theme for the Young Authors’ Project is “Let Your Light Shine.” This theme can be interpreted and expressed in a variety of ways through poetry or prose and can include the following ideas and perspectives:
- Be yourself and be proud of who you are;
- Discuss how you share/can share your talent(s) with others;
- Write about how you have spread joy and kindness;
- Share how you found the positive during challenging times;
- Share how you have been a positive influence to someone and inspired others; or,
- Describe how you can make change happen.